Sunday, February 14, 2010

Out On My Asgard

I had been to the Low Key earlier that evening. Whilst there I decided to try something new. I ordered a trademarked mixture of the establishment, a cocktail bearing the designation Odin’s Folly. It tasted of honey and thunder. I finished the first; enjoyed another, lavishing in my recent boon whilst quietly cursing myself for being such a wastrel. My sorrows were quickly and deliciously drowned. I threw my dosh on the bar and sipped from a final Folly. I half remember staggering outside a short time later with my eyes closed, throwing back my angry skull and hanging my mouth open to chase the potent elixir with a few swallows of rain-water. The next afternoon, I awoke, suffering the All-Father of hangovers, promising aloud to the empty air never to touch a drop of the demon liquor again. This was a familiar oath.

“Money takes wings. The only thing that endures is character.”
-O.J. Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment