Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm 7 Feet Tall, Jerks

“I’m very much an optimist. I don't think I could do my work if I didn't believe there was some kind of hope for humanity.”
-Sandra Bernhard




His name was Richard Mangrove. To this day I find his surname hilariously appropriate. Himself a sort of fellow I hadn’t seen since the previous century. Richard had an entertaining mouth, thin and serious yet easily curving into the most genteel of smiles. He had such hands and feet as aesthetically befitted a man of scientific wonders like himself, with long slender fingers and a step high and wide. He was eighty-four inches tall without his hat and upon first gazing upon the good Professor I imagined likewise his boots must carry him seven leagues with every swing of his tree-like legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment