Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bits and Bobs


“A lot of people believe that if everybody just did what they were told - obeyed - everything would be fine. But that's not what life is all about. That's not real. It's never going to happen.”
-Matt Groening



As it happens frequently in my life, I freely admit that during the time I was becoming acquainted with the Professor and his meticulous brand of madness, I was a creature of low habits. However I was also the hero, at least to Richard, on many occasions, not the least of them being those times Mangrove needed some bit of bob not easily acquired in the shallow social pools to which he was most accustomed. I’m frankly surprised he made the acquaintance of the certifiably ingenious engineer, Sean “Mister Hex” Hexed, before I did. Of course, it could be that Richard Mangrove was and remains a cosmic magnet for we freaks of the natural order. Not a very scientific notion. The Professor would no doubt be less than comfortable acknowledging such a strange suggestion yet he keeps surrounding himself with odd creatures like Mister Hex and myself. Personally, I think he likes getting his rigidly trained sense of how the universe is supposed to work challenged and shaken on a regular basis. Such an intellectual masochist!

No comments:

Post a Comment