Monday, February 1, 2010

The Filth and the Funny

I was born in Bakerville, except I wasn’t. A spoonful of research will show that I was born in Baker, Oregon in 1971. Except I was not. Dig a little further and you’ll see me pop up in a few other impossibly incongruous locales and datelines both before and after my most popular entries. Except, you know, I may or may not have ever been. Hospitals burn. Records are forged. Experts are bought and witnesses are elaborated. Ain’t I a stinker? In one account, I was even a horse! I can assure you I never was a horse. I have been a ghost and I often a traveler through the vibrational multitudes. I have been a fiend and I remain a gentleman. Some years back, I was wanted, dead or alive, as the Prairie Wolf, but I have never, ever been a horse. Wait, was I? I was almost a mule but that’s an entirely different creature, isn’t it? I got out of that one, thank Eris! Nope. Never once a horse. I’m glad we had this little chat. Oh, and by the way, do you ever feel like you’re being swindled?

“…We can do magic in these times
be what we want to be
We'll all be rock 'n' roll stars
immortal on TV
And if you see me looking tired
I've just been sleeping thought the day
But I got something to keep me agitated
So we can dance the night away…”
-Nineteen Forever by Joe Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment